FreeNAS, TrueNASBack to storage installation home.
In case of usage of Virtual Appliance
- Use local account lpar2rrd for hosting of STOR2RRD on the virtual appliance
- Use /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd as the product home
It is not released yet (expected release Jan 2020 with next STOR2RRD release).
If you want to try it let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Allow access from the STOR2RRD host to the storage on port 443 (80 in case http)
$ perl /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/bin/conntest.pl 192.168.1.1 443 Connection to "192.168.1.1" on port "443" is ok
- Storage user: root account must be used, unfortunately only root can connect REST API.
STOR2RRD storage configuration
Add storage into configuration from the UI:
Settings icon ➡ Storages ➡ New ➡ Vendor:device ➡ iXsystems : FreeNAS
Assure you have enough of disk space on the filesystem where is STOR2RRD installed
Roughly you might count 2 - 30 GB per a storage (it depends on number of volumes, 30GB for 5000 volumes)
$ df -g /home # AIX $ df -h /home # Linux
- Schedule to run storage agent from stor2rrd crontab (lpar2rrd on Virtual Appliance, it might already exist there)
$ crontab -l | grep load_freenasperf.sh $
$ crontab -e # FreeNAS, TrueNAS 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/load_freenasperf.sh > /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/load_freenasper.out 2>&1
$ crontab -e # STOR2RRD UI (just ONE entry of load.sh must be there) 5 * * * * /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/load.sh > /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/load.out 2>&1
Let run the storage agent for 15 - 20 minutes to get data, then:
$ cd /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd $ ./load.sh
- Go to the web UI: http://<your web server>/stor2rrd/
Use Ctrl-F5 to refresh the web browser cache.