Oracle ZFSBack to storage installation home.
In case of usage of Virtual Appliance
- Use local account lpar2rrd for hosting of STOR2RRD on the virtual appliance
- Use /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd as the product home
Oracle ZFS Storage is collecting just a limitted set of storage metrics by default.
STOR2RRD needs to create additional datasets necessary to get more detailed performance data from the storage.
Datasets are groupped into several Worksheets named STOR2RRD_*, all are created automatically during the first run.
Worksheets and datasets used by STOR2RRD
Definitelly use the latest code stor2rrd-2.61-18.tar which fixes a few issues appeared since its official release.
Allow access from the STOR2RRD host to the storage on port 215 on both storage controllers (nodes)
$ perl /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/bin/conntest.pl 192.168.1.1 215 Connection to "192.168.1.1" on port "215" is ok
- Create user "stor2rrd" with Analytics create and access role on ZFS Storage nodes
- Login to ZFS management GUI
- Go to Configuration -> Users
- Add new role
- Name: "STOR2RRD"
- Description: "STOR2RRD Monitoring"
- Scope: "Analytics"
- List of drilldowns: "*"
- Select: create and read
- Create user
- Type: "local"
- Username: "stor2rrd"
- User ID: any
- Full Name: "STOR2RRD Monitoring"
- Password: any
- Leave "Kiosk" and "session annotation" options unchecked.
- Select "STRO2RRD" role for the user
STOR2RRD storage configuration
Add storage into configuration from the UI (STOR2RRD v2.60+):
Settings icon ➡ Storages ➡ New ➡ Vendor:device ➡ Oracle ZFS
Assure you have enough of disk space on the filesystem where is STOR2RRD installed
Roughly you might count 2 - 30 GB per a storage (it depends on number of volumes, 30GB for 5000 volumes)
$ df -g /home # AIX $ df -h /home # Linux
- Schedule to run storage agent from stor2rrd crontab (lpar2rrd on Virtual Appliance, it might already exist there)
$ crontab -l | grep load_oraclezfsperf.sh $
$ crontab -e # Oracle ZFS agent 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/load_oraclezfsperf.sh > /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/load_oraclezfsperf.out 2>&1
$ crontab -e # STOR2RRD UI (just ONE entry of load.sh must be there) 5 * * * * /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/load.sh > /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/load.out 2>&1
Let run the storage agent for 15 - 20 minutes to get data, then:
$ cd /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd $ ./load.sh
- Go to the web UI: http://<your web server>/stor2rrd/
Use Ctrl-F5 to refresh the web browser cache.