In case of usage of Virtual Appliance
- Use local account lpar2rrd for hosting of STOR2RRD on the virtual appliance
- Use /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd as the product home
STOR2RRD uses REST API interface natively provided by the storage to get all necessary data.
Note that very old firmwares like 2013.06.05.3.0,1-1.14 are not supported.
Oracle ZFS Storage is collecting just a limitted set of storage metrics by default.
STOR2RRD needs to create additional datasets necessary to get more detailed performance data from the storage.
Datasets are groupped into several Worksheets named STOR2RRD_*, all are created automatically during the first run.
Worksheets and datasets used by STOR2RRD
Allow access from the STOR2RRD host to the storage on port 215 on both storage controllers (nodes)
$ perl /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/bin/conntest.pl 192.168.1.1 215
Connection to "192.168.1.1" on port "215" is ok
- Create user "stor2rrd" with Analytics create and access role on ZFS Storage nodes
- Login to ZFS management GUI
- Go to Configuration -> Users
- Add new role
- Name: "STOR2RRD"
- Description: "STOR2RRD Monitoring"
- Scope: "Analytics"
- List of drilldowns: "*"
- Select: create and read
- Create user
- Type: "local"
- Username: "stor2rrd"
- User ID: any
- Full Name: "STOR2RRD Monitoring"
- Password: any
- Leave "Kiosk" and "session annotation" options unchecked.
- Select "STRO2RRD" role for the user
STOR2RRD storage configuration